Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Bob's New Boat

Bob has a new boat!! WOOT


 Bob brought home a new boat about 2 weeks ago.
It is beautiful. These photos in the side yard do not do it justice. Looks like good fishing ahead!!

Things are so bad this summer that the grape vine is trying to escape and go to UTAH for water.

Now the archive:

Brother Frank Jones was a good influence in my life as far back as I can remember. His only son was in the same prison as my brother George Johnston, and he died there. 
In his young years Brother Jones was a moonshiner and bootlegger. In the late 40's he joined the Church and served well as long as he was living here in Ramah. One year my Aaronic Priesthood Quorum was assigned a welfare project of 1 sheep from each boy. Brother Jones had sheep and sold me an ewe for $5.00. She had twins. I gave the buck lamb to the welfare project, sheered the ewe, sold her wool, butchered and the family ate her, sold her hide, and sold the female lamb back to Brother Jones for $5.00! I was then out of the sheep business and never thought I could possibly do better, so never tried again.

1 comment:

  1. Papa~ you just finished telling me about Brother Jones and I had to come check it out. I love the sheep story!!

    ReplyDelete