Thursday, October 20, 2011

Look who came along for the ride!

Thanks to Bob, we flew to Joshua's wedding. That's the good news. It was a trip from **** with a happy ending.
Arising at 2:30 am was a mistake, as the time was too short to arrive at the ABQ airport with a cushion of time to not hurry. 
OOPS! I should give the good news first.
"So it turned out OK!"

There, now the good middle part!
 What a beautiful day and place!

They're Wedded for time and all eternity! YEAH!!





Joshua almost dropped Bailey here!!!

 Bailey, Joshua, His Parents and Grandparents.

That's the good middle part except for the reception and it's preparation.

Now the bad and ugly.
As I said we were hurrying as we arrived at the airport in ABQ, so while going to the kiosk for boarding passes in a rush, a man and I were on a collision course (head on), he said "Na prava, na prava" so I complied and went to the right. Later in the snake-walk to security he was in the next row going the opposite way, and I said "Zdrastvooeytye" and his eyes lighted up. On the next pass he was two rows over but I loudly said "Ot kuda vwee?" and as he hurried off he replied but the din was too much for me to hear where he was from. Imagine passing a Russian speaker in an airport and him speaking to me in Russian! As we hurried through the X-ray scanner (pacemaker and knees) my tub of stuff was upset and came out of the conveyer with junk "Out of the Box." Grabbing and stuffing ensued as we rushed to the gate for boarding. We rented a car in SLC and wanted to go to Roy to see Cristy. I went into a C-Store and selected a map. On the way to the counter my hand found only emptiness where my money clip and extra keys should have been!!! Only then did I realize they were dumped out of the tub in ABQ. DANG! All my cash!
This auspicious start was followed by numerous small irritations to be crowned by a scenic tour after the reception through minkville (PEW!!!), and Carmen asking to call for directions to which I replied, "We are not out of gas yet!" Some miles later the "Treacherous Moon" (A phase I have not encountered in years, I think it falls between the last quarter and a rear out the car window), sneaked 180 degrees to the Western sky so that Provo was now where Eagle Mountain ought to be! DANG!
Now it was time to swallow a considerable pride, ego, etc. and phone Shirley. Which Carmen did. Bless, she's a GOOD wife
On taking the rental car back to SLC airport and having a big row with the Dollar renters over a padded bill (which argument I won! }:oP haha) we flew home through some really bumpy air. at ABQ, I asked the security people about my lost stuff. They gave me a phone number to call and because the parking stub was among the lost items it only cost $14.00 extra to exit the airport. (So much for following the direction to not leave the stub in your car!) Home was a welcome sight at 1:20am, even if I had forgotten to set off the bug bombs on leaving Friday.
Now the good news ending: Tuesday I called the number  that was given me in ABQ and after crying my sad story to the voice on the other end of the line and describing the denominations of the money, he said to call back in the PM and make arrangements to come in and pick up the stuff! WOW! I told him that we live 130 miles from ABQ and he said to call back and they would FEDEX it to me!! He didn't answer the phone when I called back and the WOMAN said I would have to come in and get it as they did not FEDEX money. Next day I called nephew RICO and he said he would pick it up as he was coming to see his Mom in Ramah that day, which he did and brought it to me (the MAN I talked to was there and gave it to Rico). The only thing lost was the parking stub and a good pen! YAH-HOO!!!
 "ALL'S SWELL THAT ENDS WELL"


no archive - typing finger too tired!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun post Papa! We loved reading about your adventures! We are so glad that everything turned out OK. The pic you took of the temple is gorgeous! It was so fun to get to spend some time with you during the luncheon. Much love from us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for coming and enduring all the terrible to be part of the wonderful. You are the best parents a girl could ever hope for.

    ReplyDelete